Friday, August 28, 2009

Wonderful Holidays

HOLIDAYS, why are you leaving me so fast?? Dont you know that i love you so much?? Please dont leave me alone again =(

I've had the most WONDERFUL holidays for the past one week. Every single day of my holidays are so well spent. I got to spend some quality time with my family in penang, eating lots and lots of awesome food until my tummy bulged, played at the beach with the Saw family, laughing till my stomach hurts at our lame jokes and the most important thing is i got to know my father more.

During the last day of family camp, after the speaker had finished preaching, there was a sharing session where we can share with each other what we had learned or experienced during the camp. My dad shared something which moved me to tears. My dad came from a very big family. His dad was an autocratic person and he gambled a lot. Whenever he's in a bad mood, all his children will not have food to eat and due to addiction to gambling, they had to sell off the house and move to a smaller house. Being raised in such manner, my dad lacks a fatherly figure since young and he only looks up to his mum. However things changed after he came to know the Lord. My dad forgave his dad and he apologised publicly during the sharing session to my brother for not knowing how to treat him as a son sometimes. I cried after hearing my dad's sharing. It takes great courage for a man to say sorry to his son publicly and my dad did that. Before the sharing, i never knew that my dad went through so many things during his childhood, now i have a deeper understanding towards my dad and my perspective towards my dad changed.

" It takes a boy to be a father, but it takes a man to father a child"

On tuesday, i went pasar malam with my besties. Despite not eating anything due to my horrible tooth extraction which required stitching at the end, i truly enjoyed walking around and looking at them eating happily. Later,we went to lulu's house for pillow talking session and we had so much fun talking to each other. It's been a long time since we talk like there's no tomorrow, talking from 11 something till 4 something. And on wednesday we went to kbox. Having my besties around is seriously FUN FUN FUN!!!

On thursday i went for my class' bio trip. We went to so many places and everywhere we went we were the noisiest group. We took loads of silly pictures, marvel at the beauty of boh tea plantation, and we worked together to make our steamboat dinner a success. This trip has indeed brought us closer to each other and i found out that most of my classmates like to play cards and mahjong too. More kaki to play next time. Haha.

I got to spent some quality time with weimin too. I havent have heart-to-heart talk with her since ages ago so to have one with her in camerons is definitely wonderful. I'm so glad i managed to clear some of my confusion and i'm finally guilt free now!! Weimin, always remember that we'll always be by your side supporting you and loving you. I have faith in you that you'll overcome it and emerge as a VICTOR!!

GO GO JIA YOU!!!

3 more days till the holidays end and i already have plans for these 3 days. I can see kbox, pillow talk, bbq and tgv waving at me. Ahh, what a wonderful holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment